October 4, 2010

MAC Lipstick - Jubilee (Lustre)



I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I've only recently figured out what MLBB means. Now if you're like me and may be a bit behind on the beauty world's various abbreviations, MLBB means "My Lips But Better."

Now that we've got that out of the way, I'm sure some of you have an MLBB lip product. I've finally found mine in MAC's Jubilee.


I actually spent a good 15 minutes standing in front of the lipstick display looking for this lipstick and go figure, it was the one lipstick I kept passing over. The thing is, I didn't expect it to be this brown-looking. MAC describes it as a "naked beigey-pink" and I guess I focused too much on the word "pink." 

I've heard great things about Jubilee, but I was immediately skeptical when I saw it up close because brown is really not my thing! However, I was pleasantly surprised that it looks fabulous on the lips.


As you can see, it really doesn't add much colour. But it neutralizes the "natural lipliner" thing I've got going on (which I detest) and the slightly glossy finish makes your lips look more put together. If you find that nude lipsticks don't look good on you, try this lipstick out. It's definitely a nude colour, but it has enough of a pink tone to keep you from looking washed out (a problem I had with many nude lipsticks). I also love that you can just slap Jubilee on and not have to worry about application; perfect for those who don't want to bother with mirrors. 

The only thing I don't like about this lipstick is the fact that it feels drying on the lips. It's hard to explain... Your lips aren't actually dry, but they feel it. 

Aside from that, it's truly the perfect MLBB lipstick for me and I'm so glad I purchased it!







What's your MLBB lipstick?





2 comments:

  1. it is very similar to your lip shade! looks good :D My mlbb lipstick is Dusk by Victoria's Secret. It is creamy, soft, and looks just like my lips...but better! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. @socialitedreams - thanks :). aren't MLBB lipsticks awesome?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails