May 24, 2011

I've Found An Amazing Combo In Revlon's PhotoReady Foundation & Concealer!



A month or two ago, I wondered whether or not I should fake tan over Twitter. I eventually decided that I would and so began my search for a new drugstore foundation that would better match my darker colouring. I was leaning towards Cover Girl's new natureluxe Silk Foundation, but went with Revlon's PhotoReady because it came with a bonus concealer, which I've wanted to try for some time.





I'm not new to Revlon's PhotoReady foundation, though I wasn't using it much because I had purchased the wrong shade. But the beauty of getting a darker foundation is that I can always mix my previously purchased PhotoReady to create the perfect shade.

I'm quite enjoying this foundation at the moment and find myself reaching for it the most these last few weeks. It gives great coverage and the small shimmery particles give my skin a nice glow. 





It gives the exact type of coverage I want: enough to lessen the look of any imperfections and even out my skin tone, but not too much that it looks like a mask. It's easy to apply, doesn't streak, and blends nicely on the skin. It lasts quite a bit of time, too! I wore it a few nights ago for 13 hours and it held up beautifully.

Now that my skin isn't so dry anymore, I find that I prefer the finish and feel of this foundation over my other staples (Chanel Vitalumiere and Revlon Colorstay). Because it's not as moisturizing as the other two, it feels lighter on the skin and keeps it feeling fresh for longer. 






Now this product was what really impressed me! I've got pretty bad dark circles and I have tried a few concealers in the last handful of years but none have worked as well as this baby. I was using MAC's Studio Finish concealer (which I don't really like, I just kept purchasing it because I was too lazy to look into other products) previously, but it's safe to say that with Revlon PhotoReady concealer, I will never go back.


before and after applying concealer


It doesn't cover my dark circles completely, but it definitely does the job better than Studio Finish. It doesn't settle into fine lines as much and doesn't look cakey either. It's so easy to use, too! I simply swipe the product onto my under eye area and blend it in with my finger. No fuss, just the way I like it. With other products, I've had to heat it up with a blow dryer just so I could apply it smoothly. Not so with this! I have yet to find a way to use it that makes it apply badly.

Also, this stuff sticks around! I typically need to top up my Studio Finish after just a few hours but I've gone full work days wearing PhotoReady without needing to reapply. Of course, it does fade a bit after a while, but I find it does in a more subtle way. It doesn't pull a disappearing act like other concealers I've tried, which I appreciate.



wearing a mixture of Revlon PhotoReady foundation in 003 Shell & 005 Natural Beige, Revlon PhotoReady concealer, Joe Fresh Style cream blush, and Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner.


Revlon PhotoReady foundation with bonus concealer was purchased at Superstore for $17.99. If you find any at your local grocery/drug stores, definitely pick one up! Both products are lovely, especially the concealer! 






What is your latest go-to foundation/concealer combo?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails